Breathe.

I made a life changing decision this week. I cried for days before I made and I haven't slept since I made it. Suffice to say, it was difficult to make, but I ultimately know it's the right decision. It's the strangest thing though, as the feelings subside (and we all know I have a ton of damn feelings), I feel like I've awoken from a long, deep slumber and I've just gasped and taken the first deep breath of fresh air that I have in a long time. 

Things I never noticed, people I didn't talk to, things I always wanted to do but put on the back burner. For instance, I've hated karaoke my entire life. Well, apparently I don't? Who knew. I cared about the 7s scores for the first time in a long time.  I've had real conversations with friends, not just the flippant hi-bye variety. I'd forgotten how good those felt.  I am writing again.  I suddenly have not just the time but the space in mind and soul for them. It's as though I'm remembering who I was before I got so busy, and I'm rediscovering sides of myself I'd since forgotten. 


Someone said to me, they were surprised how fun I was. Lol It was said in jest but it made me think, when did I stop being fun? And when did I stop having fun? And while there's more to life, really what even is life, if there's no fun? 


So since I'm sleepless, I might as well write this here note to self and the Universe...Just breathe. And have fun! 


And a Happy Mothers Day!

Comments

Mrs Taefu said…
Happy mamas day! I need a breath! And a house 😂
jenn said…
Just breathe. I am so happy for you! lots of love and hugs