Sunday, December 08, 2013

Holiday season

I’ve just come off the back of a short holiday in Auckland (the most unoriginal & unexotic of destinations) but surprisingly I had a grand old time. Highlights of which include:
  1.  Eating. And I do mean KFC. I know this makes me such a fob but you go ahead and try those damn Wicked Wings. Both my first and last meal in NZ.
  2. Enjoying riotous nights out with Tia, Goddess & the hoochiest of them all, Henry. We were of course, entirely classy the whole time (all I have to say to the bouncers that "asked us to leave" is - CAN I SEE YOUR MANAGER! hahaha Good times!)
  3. Spending quality time with my daughter & niece. Which is just further affirmation that a career in childcare is just not for me because after two days, my real job seemed like cake.
  4. Hanging out with my dysfunctional family. Nothing makes me crave my boring, regular, stressful existence more than my bi-annual dose of my mother reminding me how much more I have left to achieve in life and my dad reminding me how much weight I have left to lose.
  5. Shopping. Mostly groceries, diapers and sushi. Facilitated by the discovery of the In-Mall crèche. Thank God for paid childcare, did I mention that already?


My sister joined us from Australia and we all managed to spend just enough time together as a family to be ready to say goodbye again.  I’ve brought my Dad back home with me (and daughter) and we will be spending Christmas together – which is good, he’s a simple enough houseguest to keep happy. Or so I thought. He’s on a healthy living buzz and wants to eat fish and salad every day. Which is fine, except when I want to eat a burger and some damn fries.  At least we both agree to having beer in the evenings.

Work is busy, but not as busy as the last two years so truth be told, I’m lapping it up, because with my luck – I will be in tears (again) before the new year.  


Enjoy the holiday season people! Drink responsibly J

2 comments:

Goddess said...

Your blog was all going fine but then you lost me at 'classy' bahahahah. but yes kia, good times were had and I look forward to your biannual visits from here on...and I speak for the other two when I say "we dont care if youre here to be with your family...come out and play....coz they really want to see the princess not you lol". enjoy the holidays and drink like theres no tomorrow.

brighousel said...

LOL. Just saw this. Yes, please visit us often. Joe now knows that when you and Henry are in town, he can stay home! Hahaha. Next time take Jody's lipstick away so she doesn't write on total strangers and get us kicked out! Lol. Merry X-mas xoxo